What Is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program that has been shown to reduce the risk of re-hospitalization, lessen the need for cardiac medications and increase your ability to perform your job and your daily or recreational activities. Researchers have reported that people who complete a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program increase their chances of survival and improved quality of life.
Our goal at Coryell Memorial is to provide education, encouragement, and support help ensure the most complete recovery possible from heart problems. To reach the goals an individual treatment plan is created for each patient, including evaluation and instruction on exercise programs, healthy eating habits, stress management, and other health related areas to help prevent the progression of heart disease.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Offers:
• Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
• Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you
• Psychological/stress assessment and counseling
• Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes such as maintaining a healthy weight, heart healthy eating and avoiding tobacco and environmental smoke
• Group Support Approach with the opportunity to meet and share stories with other patients like you
• Monitoring and better control of blood pressure, lipids /cholesterol and diabetes
• Improved communication with your doctor and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event
Criteria for referral to Coryell Memorial Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Patients with a recent cardiac event may attend the outpatient program as follows:
Cardiac rehabilitation is available to people with health histories that include:
• Heart attack
• Coronary artery disease
• Valve replacement surgery
• Coronary angioplasty - with or without stents
• Heart transplantation
• Left-ventricular assist device
• Congestive heart failure
• Other heart-related issues
1507 West Main St., Gatesville, Texas 76528